O PROBLEMA DOS ATEUS? ORGANIZAR-SE.
dezembro 29, 2010 § Deixe um comentário
OPPOSING VIEWS, 29-12-2010
THE TROUBLE WITH ATHEISTS? NO ORGANIZATION
Opinion by John W Loftus
1) We don’t provide a united front. We are a diversified bunch of people. Some
of us support different atheist organizations, subscribe to different atheist
magazines, while others don’t support or subscribe to any at all.
2) We have no leaders. While there are certainly some standouts in the atheist
community there are always disagreements on who we regard as our intellectual
3) We cannot agree on anything else but religion. We can’t even agree on what to
call ourselves. We disagree on such things as the basis (or lack thereof) for
morality, on politics, and on whether or not Jesus existed (and if so, what we
are to think of him).
4) We have no agreed upon causes. Some focus on the separation of church and
state, others on politics, others on science, and still others on specific kinds
of religion and/or paranormal claims.
5) We cannot agree about tactics. There are the friendly atheists, spiritual
atheists, evangelical atheists, and others who merely want to educate, not
necessarily persuade, believers.
We are human beings of every age, shape, gender, skin color, health, wealth,
education and social social status. We simply do not believe. We think for
ourselves based on solid evidence and good reasons. That is our strength. We
cannot be herded like believing sheep. Nor can we be fleeced. But we are
everywhere. We are the wave of the future. There is no turning back the hands of